Student participants make up the vast majority of subjects in the department. To post openings for subjects in experiments, the department uses SONA.
Step-by-step process to recruit through SONA:
- Consult with Meghan on how many subjects will need to be run, appropriate compensation and other subject related manners, as she will need to approve this beforehand.
- Contact Michelle Powers about getting a SONA account.
- Enter your study into SONA at the start of the term.
- Post time slots in SONA during times when there are vacancies on the Lab Resources Calendar for the resource(s) you'll need for testing. Immediately mark those times on the Lab Resources Calendar, listing your initials and what resource(s) you're reserving, even if nobody has signed up for the slot on SONA yet.
- Monitor SONA regularly to see if subjects have signed up.