Student participants make up the vast majority of subjects in the department. To post openings for subjects in experiments, the department uses SONA.
Step-by-step process to recruit through SONA:
- Consult with Meghan on how many subjects will need to be run, appropriate compensation and other subject related manners, as she will need to approve this beforehand.
- Contact Michelle Powers about getting a SONA account.
- Enter your study into SONA at the start of the term.
- Post time slots in SONA.
- Monitor SONA regularly to see if subjects have signed up.
Recruiting community members:
You can also recruit non-student subjects by advertising through IRB-approved flyers. Good places to put up flyers:
- The Upper Valley FaceBook page
- The Upper Valley listserv
- Bus stops
- Around campus (there are bulletin boards in Baker-Berry Library, the Thayer engineering building, and other locations)
Make sure to list your contact info on the flyer; pull-off tabs help.