Before You Begin
- To pace your application, set a deadline that corresponds with the next submission deadline.
- Ensure that you're CITI certified for human subjects research
- Organize a folder on your own computer for your Protocol draft, Example Protocols, Questionnaires, CITI Certificates, Recruitment materials, etc.
- Decide whether you will be submitting a Medical (fMRI scanning) or Non-Medical (Behavioral) IRB.
Preparing your application
- Ask the lab manager for example IRBs if you need reference material for the language, or other specifics.
- Very politely ask another researcher to look over the IRB. Highlight the parts you aren't sure about so they can focus on them.
- Assemble the necessary docs: Protocol, Consents, Recruitment materials, Questionnaires, CITI certificate pdfs for all of your researchers.
- Log onto RAPPORT to begin a new protocol. Check out Meghan's guide below to inputting all the necessary info (if asked to log in, use your Dartmouth email)
- Attach all your docs, and submit! (Feel free to celebrate :D)
- Your protocol will be assigned to a reviewer, who will look it over
- They will likely respond with comment and they ask that you respond to these within 3 days.